Location: West Saltoun, nr Pencaitland
Grid Reference: NT377632 Post Code: EH34 5EH
Last revision: 11/2014
Saltoun Wood is shown on the maps in 1853 and even earlier. Much of it was planted for commercial forestry from the late 1950s to the early 1970s. At that time it was owned by the Forestry Commission and then, later, by Dumfries and Galloway Pension Fund.
It was bought by Sir Francis Ogilvie, of Winton Estate, in 1995.
Note that the production of orienteering maps takes many hours of professional or volunteer’s work and that permission to use areas for an event should not be taken for granted. Please contact the club to purchase copies of the map and to discuss possible use.