2021 membership is now open whether you are renewing your membership or joining ELO for the first time. If you pay now you will be a member until the end of 2021. From 1st May 2021 SOA have halved their subscription for the rest of the year
There are two membership options depending on whether you wish to join British Orienteering as well as Scottish Orienteering and ELO…
|Join ELO & SOA||Senior £12 now £7||Junior £4 now £3|
|Join ELO, SOA & BOF||Senior £27 now £22||Junior £9 now £8|
Junior = Born 2000 or later
BOF = British Orienteering
Both options include public liability insurance cover and cheaper entry to many events within Scotland
The main difference between the two options is that the SOA cheaper option is suitable if you only want to orienteer locally. Juniors recoup the membership cost by attending just four events within the year.
You can join ELO & SOA initially and upgrade your membership to BOF later during 2021 if you wish.
Here are some of the benefits you gain from joining ELO …
- ELO plans to stage around 16 events across East Lothian in 2021 (CoVid restrictions permitting) – details on our Events page and on the BOF event diary
- For most of these events the entry fee is cheaper for members (£2 cheaper for Seniors and £1 cheaper for Juniors)
- You also get reduced entry to events organised by other orienteering clubs in Scotland
- Junior members can join an extensive programme of coaching and training events organised locally (East of Scotland) and across the whole of Scotland
- Our junior members will receive an ELO T shirt after completing five events (so get your record card signed up at each event)
- ELO will pay your entry for Relay events such as the Scottish Championships Relay 2021 – a fun format and more members taking part means we can enter balanced teams.
Here is a link to Scottish Orienteering’s explanation of the option.
For 2021 both SOA and BOF have chosen not to raise their adult membership charges which is why your renewal cost is the same this year. ELO has chosen not to increase our modest component of £2 per person.