This was the second ELO event in the summer 2018 Sprintelope series taking place on Wednesday evenings. These are lightweight informal events featuring a mix of traditional White and Score courses within a public park for youngsters and Urban Sprints around the surrounding streets for adults.
The event was based at Haddington’s Neilson Park beside the rugby pitch which is across Mill Wynd from the Aubigny Centre.
There were long (5km) and shorter (3km) versions of the urban courses planned by Iain Rowland.
Special thanks to Hanne Robertson (ESOC) for making the mini controls available for this event.
- Registration from 18:00 to 19:00
- Starts from 18:30 to 19:30
- White and Score courses – mini kites with SI timing
- Urban Sprint for adults outside the park – marker controls with SI for Start and Finish only
- 50p for juniors
- £2 for adults
- Postcode – EH41 4DN
- Grid Ref – NT 514 735
- Parking – on street parking on Mill Wynd.
- Toilets – there are toilets available in Aubigny Leisure Centre opposite Neilson Park.
Because the Urban courses involve road crossings, under 16s can only tackle this course if accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
For the Score course you will find it useful to wear a watch to keep within the time limit. The Score course will again have an extra rule – odd numbered controls don’t count after you have visited any even numbered control.