Graeme Ackland of Interlopers kindly offered to be guest planner for Urban courses this week – so this event will fit our usual SprintELOpe pattern …
This is the third ELO event in the summer 2018 Sprintelope series taking place on Wednesday evenings. These are lightweight informal events featuring a mix of traditional White and Score courses within a public park for youngsters and longer Urban courses in the surrounding area for adults.
- Registration from 18:00 to 19:00
- Starts from 18:30 to 19:30
- White and Score courses within the park – mini kites with SI timing
- Urban courses for adults outside the park – tube controls with SI timing for Start / Finish only – 5km with a shorter option at 3.5km
- Course lengths:-
- White – Easy – 1.1km
- Score – Less easy – approximately 2km with a 20 minute time limit
- Urban – 5.0km with a shorter option at 3.5km
- 50p for juniors
- £2 for adults
- Parking – Lodge Grounds off East Road – no charges after 18:00
- Toilets – 150 metres from registration in the public car park across East Road
- Refreshments: Coffee and cake will be available in return for donations to Saskia’s fundraising appeal for Project Trust.
- Public transport: Trains from Edinburgh every half hour – then 15 minute walk. X24 buses from Edinburgh every half hour – then 5 minute walk from Church Rd stop. Other buses from Dunbar and Haddington.
- Postcode – EH39 4HN
- Grid Ref – NT 555 853
- Results will be published on the ELO results pages
Because the Urban courses involve road crossings, under 16s can only tackle these courses if accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
For the Score course you will find it useful to wear a watch to keep within the time limit. The Score course will again have an extra rule – odd numbered controls don’t count after you have visited any even numbered control.
Lodge Grounds is regularly used by dog walkers.