This is a good time to join ELO or to renew your membership for 2019.
There are two membership options depending on whether you wish to join British Orienteering as well as ELO and Scottish Orienteering…
Junior = Born 1998 or later
BOF = British Orienteering
Both options include public liability insurance cover and cheaper entry to many events within Scotland
The main difference between the two options is that the new SOA cheaper option is suitable if you only want to orienteer locally. Juniors recoup the membership cost by attending just two events over the year.
You can join ELO & SOA initially and upgrade your membership to BOF later during 2019 if you wish.
Here are some of the benefits you gain from joining ELO …
- ELO will stage around 18 events across East Lothian in 2019 – details on our Events page and on the BOF event diary.
- For most of these events the entry fee is cheaper for members (£2 cheaper for Seniors and £1 cheaper for Juniors).
- You also get reduced entry to events organised by other orienteering clubs in Scotland.
- Junior members can join a programme of coaching and training events organised locally (East of Scotland) and across the whole of Scotland.
- From 2019 junior members will receive an ELO sports shirt after completing five events (so get your record card signed up at each event).
- ELO will pay your entry for Relay events. One example is the Scottish Championships Relay 2019 – a fun format and more members taking part means we can enter teams which take the best advantage of the handicapping system.
Here is a link to Scottish Orienteering’s explanation of the new option.
Saturday 29 December 2018 Festive Frolic: Levenhall Links
- Winton Estate, Pencaitland
Saturday 19 January 2019