CoViD19 – Coronavirus
British Orienteering has decided that all O events should be cancelled for 12 weeks from 17th March.
This affects 3 Saturday events and 3 Sprintelopes.
- Posts not found
ELO local events
These are usually on the last Saturday of each month…
- Saturday 29 February – Butterdean Wood, near Gladsmuir
Saturday 28 March – Binning Wood Saturday 25 April – Saltoun Big Wood Saturday 30 May – Gosford estate Saturday 27 June – Barns Ness
- Saturday 29 August –
- Saturday 26 September – Saltoun Big Wood
- Saturday 31 October – North Berwick Law
- Monday 28 December – Festive Frolic – Levenhall Links near Musselburgh
Other clubs have regular slots for local events in the Edinburgh area…
- Sunday 29 November – Vogrie Country Park – incorporating ESOA Championships
On Wednesday evenings we will again contribute to this popular series of lightweight events throughout the summer in Edinburgh and the Lothians
Wednesday 06 May – Prestonpans Wednesday 20 May – Haddington Wednesday 03 June – Longniddry
- Wednesday 17 June – Pencaitland
Please note …
- This year there will not be park courses for juniors at our Sprintelopes. The only courses will be Urban with Long and Short options. Both options will involve road crossings so under 16s can only compete if accompanied on course by an adult.
- We will be offering a separate series of orienteering activities for local packs of cubs / brownies / beavers / scouts / guides etc. Interested pack leaders should contact us for a list of the available dates and venues.
Other events in the Lothians…
- Friday 4th September – Braidburn Valley Park – INT (map)
- Tuesday 15th September – – INT
- Friday 2nd October – Mortonhall – INT (map)
- Saturday 7th November – – INT
- Sunday 8th November – Kinneil Wood, Bo’Ness – INT
INT SoSOL (map)
- Sunday 22nd November – Dalkeith Country Park, Dalkeith – ESOC
Scottish Score Championships (map)
- Sunday 14th February – – INT
CompassPoint Scottish Orienteering League
*Regional, National and Major events organised by other local clubs are shown in bold.