There are two membership options depending on whether you wish to join British Orienteering as well as ELO and Scottish Orienteering…
Junior = Born 2000 or later
BOF = British Orienteering
The membership year runs from January to December but anyone joining after 1st November gets the rest of the year free.
Both options include public liability insurance cover and cheaper entry to many events within Scotland
The main difference between the two options is that the new SOA cheaper option is suitable if you only want to orienteer locally. Juniors recoup the membership cost by attending just two events over the year.
You can join ELO & SOA initially and upgrade your membership to BOF later during 2019 if you wish.
Here are some of the benefits you gain from joining ELO …
- ELO will stage around 18 events across East Lothian in 2020 – details on our Events page and on the BOF event diary.
- For most of these events the entry fee is cheaper for members (£2 cheaper for Seniors and £1 cheaper for Juniors).
- You also get reduced entry to events organised by other orienteering clubs in Scotland.
- Junior members can join a programme of coaching and training events organised locally (East of Scotland) and across the whole of Scotland.
- From 2020 junior members will receive an ELO sports shirt after completing five events (so get your record card signed up at each event).
- ELO will pay your entry for Relay events. One example is the Scottish Championships Relay 2020 – a fun format and more members taking part means we can enter teams which take the best advantage of the handicapping system.
- Additional discounts from Scottish Orienteering’s and British Orienteering’s partners.
How to join ELO
You can join East Lothian Orienteers by post or online through the British Orienteering or Scottish Orienteering website.
Join by post
To join by post please download and complete an application form from the links below. The completed form with a cheque for your membership fee should be sent straight to SOA or BOF or to us for forwarding. The addresses are shown on the membership forms.