Thanks to all who came to this event. Results are here. Apologies to the Urban runners who were blocked by the gate near control #1 which was unexpectedly locked during the event.
This is the first of four ELO events in the summer 2017 Sprintelope series taking place on Wednesday evenings. These are lightweight informal events featuring a mix of traditional White and Yellow courses within a public park for youngsters and Urban Sprints around the surrounding streets for adults.
- Registration from 18:00 to 19:00
- Starts from 18:30 to 19:30
- White and Yellow courses within the park – mini kites with SI timing
- Urban Sprint for adults outside the park – tube controls with SI timing for Start / Finish only
- 50p for juniors
- £2 for adults
- Postcode – EH21 7AR
- Grid Ref – NT 348 717
- Course lengths:-
- White – Very easy – 1.0km
- Yellow – Easy – 1.7km
- Urban Sprint – 5.0km with a shorter option at 3.5km
- Results will be published on the ELO results pages
Because the Urban Sprint involves road crossings, under 16s can only tackle this course if accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
SI dibbers will be available for hire free of charge – but there is a £30 charge for lost dibbers.
Assembly will be at the main gate at the west end of the park. Parking should be available at the nearby Sports Centre across A6124 Newbigging Road.
There will be three similar format SprintELOpes …
- Wednesday 3rd May – North Berwick from Lodge Grounds
- Wednesday 7th June – Dunbar north from Winterfield
- Wednesday 21st June – Haddington from Neilson Park
ELO is also hosting an event in the SOUL series at Tranent from Ross High School on Friday 19th May as part of the weekend of the Scottish Championships.
- Membership benefits
- Vogrie – Saturday 29th April