Thanks to you all for coming and special thanks to the volunteers who helped put the event on: Pete Younger (Planner), Michael Atkinson, Andrea Davidson, Saartje Drijver, Duncan Edmondson, Tim Harding and Sheila and Robin Strain.
This is the second of four ELO events in the summer 2017 Sprintelope series taking place on Wednesday evenings. These are lightweight informal events featuring a mix of traditional White and Yellow courses within a public park for youngsters and Urban Sprints around the surrounding streets for adults.
- Registration from 18:00 to 19:00
- Starts from 18:30 to 19:30
- White and Yellow courses within the park – mini kites with SI timing
- Urban courses for adults outside the park – tube controls with SI timing for Start / Finish only – 5km with a shorter option at 3.5km
- 50p for juniors
- £2 for adults
- Parking – Lodge Grounds off East Road – no charges after 18:00
- Postcode – EH39 4HN
- Grid Ref – NT 555 853
- Course lengths:-
- White – Very easy – 1.1km
- Yellow – Easy – 1.7km
- Urban Sprint – 5.0km with a shorter option at 3.5km
- Results will be published on the ELO results pages
Because the Urban Sprint involves road crossings, under 16s can only tackle this course if accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
Last year’s Urban events concentrated on the area south of Lodge Grounds. This year will instead visit the newer housing to the east plus the seafront, town and harbour areas.
- Vogrie – Saturday 29th April
- Tranent Urban Sprint – Friday 19th May 2017