This was our second event in the summer 2019 Sprintelope series taking place on Wednesday evenings. These are lightweight informal events featuring Urban style races around the streets of towns in East Lothian and other areas in and around Edinburgh.
Jamie Wilson was making his debut as planner and his courses got plenty of encouraging feedback. A select bunch of hardy individuals braved the wet chilly weather to explore the many intricate lanes and closes of the older and newer parts of the village.
- Registration from 18:00 to 19:00
- Starts from 18:30 to 19:30
- Urban style for over 16s or shadowed juniors with SI for Start / Finish only
- Courses – 5 km with a shorter option of approximately 3.5 km
- £1 for juniors
- £2 for full-time students
- £3 for adults
- Postcode – EH35 5LQ
- Grid Ref – NT 411 690
- Parking – Meadowbank Park, Ormiston
- Toilets – Asda in Tranent
Please note that this year there will be no junior courses at our Sprintelopes – these now have a separate programme of activities so that more groups such as scouts and guides can attend. For safeguarding reasons this programme won’t be publicly advertised but please contact us if you are interested in taking part.
By public transport…
- By bus – Ormiston is served by East Coast buses
A thorough risk assessment has been carried out. By entering the event your accept that your name may appear in published results.