This was the first event in the summer 2019 Sprintelope series taking place on Wednesday evenings. These are lightweight informal events featuring Urban style races around the streets of towns in East Lothian and other areas in and around Edinburgh.
Both the Long and Short courses visited the harbours and the High Street with its warren of narrow vennels.
- Registration from 18:00 to 19:00
- Starts from 18:30 to 19:30
- Urban Sprint for over 16s or shadowed juniors with SI for Start / Finish only
- Courses – 5 km with a shorter option of approximately 3.5 km
- £1 for juniors
- £2 for full-time students
- £3 for adults
- Postcode – EH42 1QZ
- Grid Ref – NT 675 783
- Parking – Hallhill sports centre, Kellie Road, Dunbar
- Toilets – in Hallhill sports centre
Please note that this year there will be no junior courses at our Sprintelopes – these now have a separate programme of activities so that more groups such as scouts and guides can attend. For safeguarding reasons this programme won’t be publicly advertised but please contact us if you are interested in taking part.
By public transport…
- By train – Dunbar station is served by trains from Edinburgh and Berwick on Tweed.
- By bus – Dunbar is served by East Coast buses , Borders Buses and Eve Coaches
A thorough risk assessment has been carried out. By entering the event your accept that your name may appear in published results.