2020 membership is open from 1st November whether you are renewing your membership or joining ELO for the first time. If you pay now you will be a member until the end of 2020.
There are two membership options depending on whether you wish to join British Orienteering as well as Scottish Orienteering and ELO…
Junior = Born 2020 or later
BOF = British Orienteering
Both options include public liability insurance cover and cheaper entry to many events within Scotland
The main difference between the two options is that the SOA cheaper option is suitable if you only want to orienteer locally. Juniors recoup the membership cost by attending just two events within the year.
You can join ELO & SOA initially and upgrade your membership to BOF later during 2020 if you wish.
Here are some of the benefits you gain from joining ELO …
- ELO will stage around 16 events across East Lothian in 2020 – details on our Events page and on the BOF event diary
- For most of these events the entry fee is cheaper for members (£2 cheaper for Seniors and £1 cheaper for Juniors)
- You also get reduced entry to events organised by other orienteering clubs in Scotland
- Junior members can join an extensive programme of coaching and training events organised locally (East of Scotland) and across the whole of Scotland
- Our junior members will receive an ELO T shirt after completing five events (so get your record card signed up at each event)
- ELO will pay your entry for Relay events such as the Scottish Championships Relay 2020 – a fun format and more members taking part means we can enter balanced teams.
Here is a link to Scottish Orienteering’s explanation of the option.
For 2020 both SOA and BOF have chosen to raise their adult membership charges which is why your renewal cost is higher this year. ELO has chosen not to increase our modest component of £2 per person.
Please note that you have attended three orienteering events and haven’t yet joined a club then you are no longer covered by our public liability insurance cover.